The Willamette Law School, in partnership with Retired Chief Justices of the Oregon Supreme Court Edwin Peterson and Paul DeMuniz and the Salem/Keizer Coalition for Equality will be offering a two-day Mock Trial Summer Boot Camp on July 24th and 25th.
According to Former Chief Justice Paul J. De Muniz, this camp is the first of its kind in the United States!
We are very excited for the 40 students who are enrolled, the first generation sons and daughters of immigrant farmworkers, to be coached and mentored by these Honorable Justices.
During this two-day boot camp, the following accomplished judges and attorneys will be sharing their knowledge and wisdom with the students, and to jumpstart our year around Mock Trial Program:
- Hon. Paul J. DeMuniz, Former Chief Justice, Oregon Supreme Court
- Hon. Edwin J. Peterson, Former Chief Justice, Oregon Supreme Court
- Hon. Marco Hernandez, Judge, United States District Court, District of Oregon
- Hon. Pamela L. Abernethy, Former Judge, Marion County Circuit Court, Harrang Long Gary Rudnick P.C.
- Hon. Martha L. Walters, Associate Justice, Oregon Supreme Court
- Hon. Angel Lopez, Judge, Multnomah County Circuit Court
- Hon. Kathryn Villa-Smith, Judge, Multnomah County Circuit Court
- John M. Haroldson, District Attorney, Benton County, Oregon
- Michael De Muniz, Attorney at Law, Ferder Casebeer French & Thompson LLP
- Kenneth Montoya, Attorney at Law, City Attorney’s Office, Salem Oregon
- Moises Ceja, Attorney at Law, Oregon Law Center
- Ramón A. Pagán, Attorney at Law, Law Office of Ramón A. Pagán